An event in central London on Wednesday 12 July 2017 may disrupt your journey. If you're travelling in London on this day, you can find out how the network will be affected here.
Trump London visit. Trafalgar Square to Whitehall closed, noon to midnight, for 'event' Wednesday 12th July.
- If you're travelling in central London on Wednesday 12 July, the main transport changes are:
- Road closures around Trafalgar Square and Whitehall, mostly between 12:00-23:59, causing congestion in central London
- Buses serving Trafalgar Square will be diverted or terminate early between 11:00-23:59
- Tube and rail will be the best way to get around on the day, though Charing Cross, Leicester Square and Embankment Tube stations may be busier than usual
- Our advice is not to drive into the affected areas unless essential, to seek alternative routes, or allow more time
- The following roads will close between 12:00-23:59:
- Birdcage Walk (eastbound)
- Charing Cross Road (southbound at Shaftesbury Avenue)
- Cockspur Street
- Horse Guards Road (northbound)
- Northumberland Avenue (westbound)
- Pall Mall East (closed from 09:00)
- Strand (westbound at Lancaster Place)
- The Mall (eastbound
- Whitehall northbound
- Whitehall Place (closed from 06:00)
- Trafalgar Square
Traffic impact map
View a map of the traffic impact below.
Between 11:00-23:59, the following buses around Trafalgar Square will be diverted or terminate early due to the road closures:
Please allow plenty of time for your journey and plan ahead.
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
Taxis and minicabs
The following taxi ranks will be suspended during the event:
- Embankment Place
- Strand (near Charing Cross Station)
- Suffolk Place
- Whitehall Court (Royal Horse Guards Hotel)
- Whitehall Place (Corinthia Hotel)
For up-to-date information for the taxi and private hire industry, visit our taxis and minicabs section or follow @TfLTPH on Twitter.
Tube and rail
Tube and rail will be the best way to get around on the day, although the following stations will be busier than usual, especially during the afternoon peak time:
- Leicester Square
For live information on how transport services are running, see our status updates page or follow @TfLTravelAlerts on Twitter.
Coaches and tour buses may be diverted or use alternative stops. Contact your coach operator for details about possible changes to services, and allow plenty of time to travel.
Find out more in our coaches section.
Docking stations will be open as usual, but road closures may make it difficult for our vans to redistribute bikes in the area.
Check availability of Santander Cycles using the online docking station map, or visit our cycling section for full information on cycling in London.
Often walking is the quickest option during big events in London. It is healthy, free and can often get you from A to B quicker. For maps and more information about walking in London, visit our walking section.
Deliveries in London
If you make or receive deliveries in central London, talk to your customers and suppliers ahead of time. You may want to consider changing the times of your deliveries to avoid road closures, or using alternative routes that avoid busy areas.
Read other news on the city site of London.