The streets in Fitzrovia, Marylebone and Mayfair happened to be in the top five most dangerous places in London for crimes related to road transport. This conclusion follows from the statistics of Co-Op Insurance, which analyzed the crimes with cars, registered for the last six months.
- So, according to Co-Op Insurance, the least secure parking places in London are:
- 1. Meridian Square, Stratford
- 2. Welbeck Street, Marylebone
- 3. Greenwell Street, Fitzrovia
- 4. Carrington Street, Mayfair
- 5. Tempelhof Avenue, Brent Cross
- 6 Wennington Road, Rainham
- 7. Parker Mews, Holborn
- 8. Shortlands, Hammersmith
- 9. Onslow Road, New Malden
- 10. Glover Drive, Walthamstow
Last year, around 800,000 car thefts were reported across the UK. The standard police advice is not to leave things in the car in sight, close windows, use removable stereos, satellite navigation and theft-resistant license plates.