The Notting Hill Carnival took place on Sunday and will go on till Monday and over a million people are expected to attend.
Sunday is the children's parade with the main parade on Monday. This year, police have put special measures in place around the area of the Grenfell Tower. Local people have urged carnival revellers to be respectful when they pass the site where around 80 people are believed to have died - writes itv.
The Metropolitan Police has given a list of tips for people attending the Carnival:
- The Tube and buses will be busy, so plan your journey in advance;
- Move along the whole of the route and go with the flow of the crowd - don't try to walk against it;
- Have a set meeting place in case you lose family or friends - try not to rely on your mobile phone;
- Don't bring your valuables or wear expensive jewellery and don't carry too much cash or your credit cards;
- Police officers are there to help - sometimes they may ask you to walk a longer route but this will be for the safety of you and others.