The voice is able to inspire and motivate the client for actions in 5 times better than even the most talented selling text. It is known that 37% of the information is perceived through the voice, and only 7% - through the text.
If you want your voice sounds more confident
A negative voice - frightens away customers once for all!
You have a brilliant idea and you would like to start your own business, but maybe you have concerns when you are near a bank or a financial adviser because you are worried of talking nonsense. what's the matter with and what you can do with it?
Analyze what`s wrong
You have to think about each area, find what you are afraid of in your voice following issues,
and how you measure up gives you concrete things to work on. If you have trouble evaluating your own voice or way of speaking. Please ask trusted colleague or your friends to help you/ The good idea will be to record yourself speaking to get a more objective sense of your own habits.
Once you have determined what you want to say, you can start working on how to say it.
- 1. Open your mouth. It seems obvious, however, about 80% of people open their mouths not as widely as they believe and, of course, not so wide that the necessary sound could come out.
- 2. Speak directly to the listener. Direct the sound to the side where you want it to be heard. Imagine your words with balls and throw them where you want them to fall. This is especially appropriate if you are speaking outside the enclosed space, because gusts of wind can easily carry your words to different directions. Do not look down on the ground unless you are talking to a group of mice.
- 3. Speaking Cadence. Do pauses where you think it is necessary. Confident speakers are not afraid of silence. Don`t be afraid of stops and pauses. Listeners will be happy with your decision, because it will give them a chance to discuss and analyze the information what you gave them. Keep in mind that they will be the second behind you, because the brain of each listener needs to process all this. This pause will also give you the opportunity to breathe and the opportunity to think about what you want to say next. Try to pause before you begin to expound a new thought.
- 4. The secret of clear speech is in pledge in clear pronunciation.
- 5. Give your speech an emotive tone colour. Change the presentation, power of your voice. Slow down and lower the pitch for serious comments or raise the voice tone and speak at a higher tempo to sound strained. If your voice does not have any variety, it will sound monotonous and listeners will stop listening to you (if they don't ever fall asleep before). If you can learn to change your voice, then your audience will not only listen to you, but it will be easier for them to remember what you said.
- 6. Filler words: “Um”, “ah”, and “like” are all common filler words that keep what you’re saying from flowing smoothly. Try these exercises from a professional public speaking coach to cut down on your own filler words.
- 7. Vocal tics: You can fill the pauses with "well" or "ok" when you feel that you need to pause. It will help you to think what you will say further. Maybe you use the same phrase when you’re buying time to think, like, “That’s a great question...” Or you could be undermining yourself with phrases like, “Sorry to interrupt...” or “I’m not sure if this matters, but...”
If you follow the above rules, you will find that your speech sounds more confident. Practice speaking aloud, for example, taking out a pack of pasta from the cupboard, say the ingredients included out loud. Get used to the sound of your voice, at the same time feel comfortable.
Read other news of London on our site.