Soon London again get into the spirit of Munich, as Oktoberfest will reach the capital in September. It will be held in Millwall Park and the organizers promise that it will be a magnificent eight-day festival in honor of all Bavarian. The festival will begin on September 28th. And just for this event we will tell you about 10 reasons why you should definitely attend it.
1. Beer. It is beer that attracts interest to the festival in 88% of visitors. Every year Oktoberfest presents German beer of the best quality. And this year there will be no exceptions.
2. Food. What is a Bavarian festival without Bavarian cuisine? The event will feature a variety of dishes from traditional schnitzels to aromatic baked meat. By the way, this year there will be vegetarian food.
3. Location. The park, in which the event is held, has probably the most convenient location. On the one hand you will be located not far from Canary Wharf, and on the other, far from a busy and noisy center.
4. Clothing. Oktoberfest - this is the place where you will look silly rather without a traditional dress, than in it. It's a Bavarian holiday and costumes are no exception.
5. Prices. In London, a bi g cup of beer can not be cheap. But at the festival the prices for quality beer are promised by organizers to be democratic.
6. Dancing. Dancing is the inevitable result of cheerful gatherings with beer and delicious food. And at the festival around you, there will be 4,000 more people dancing, so you will not be bored.
7. Music. At the festival you will be delighted not only by folk German music, but also the famous German band Oompah. There will also be several British bands performing.
8. Venue. It is expected that over 8 days of the festival, it will be visited by about 30 thousand people. But the organizers were able to arrange everything in such way that there is enough space for everyone. For example, a tent with tables, in which most people will spend time, can accommodate 4000 people at a time.
9. Atmosphere. We discussed food, beer, music. But what about the atmosphere? Well, the organizers of the London festival are going to convey the spirit of Munich as much as possible, so all the workers of the festival will be in traditional costumes and everything around will also be decorated in authentic German style.
10. Queues. When you think about 4 thousand people at one place, then in your mind immediately pop up thoughts of the big queues. But this will not happen. Yes, yes, as it turned out, in order to fill your cup with beer it will only take a couple of seconds. Last year there were several bars at the festival and they coped well with the flow of visitors.