A man has died after being hit by a Central line train at Tottenham Court Road station
Tottenham Court Road: Man dies after being hit by Central line train at busy station
Police and Paramedics rushed to the busy London station shortly before 11.30pm on Thursday.
The man, whose age is not currently known, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The station was closed and Central line suspended between Liverpool Street and Marble Arch while emergency services dealt with the incident.
Fred Nathan, 26, was on the train behind the one which struck the man.
He told the Standard: “I was on my way home from the City and we'd just left Holborn when the train came to a juddering halt.
“The driver said someone has been hit by the train in front. We were on the train for an hour before the driver reversed back.
“It was a hot and stuffy hour but we were mainly just concerned about the poor person who had been hit.”
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “The identity of the male has not been confirmed but the incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
“Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person, and inform their next of kin.
“HM Coroner has been notified and we are conducting an investigation in to the events surrounding this incident.”