London Fashion Week is about to kick off. Here is a look at the biannual event and the industry it promotes in numbers.
– The 68th London Fashion Week will feature more than 80 designers and 100 brands and will welcome guests from more than 50 countries and all five continents.
– The fashion industry directly contributed £32.3 billion to the UK economy in 2017 – a 5.4% increase on 2016, according to data from Oxford Economics.
Models on the catwalk during the David Koma Spring/ Summer 2017 London Fashion Week showCredit: Isabel Infantes/PA
– The womenswear clothing market is forecast to grow by 14% between 2018 and 2022 to reach £33.5 billion, according to Mintel.
– Instagram stories on the official London Fashion Week account received 871,648 views in total over London Fashion Week in February.
– Photographers take around 45,000 images on and off the runway over five days.
– VIPs clock up around 32,000 miles driven between shows by a luxurious fleet of fuel-efficient chauffeured Mercedes-Benz cars.
– The event sees 20,000 cups of espresso served and 200kg of Lavazza coffee consumed.
– Guests are expected to make their way through 5,000 glasses of prosecco.
Read more news of London on our site.